Skip to content
Curtin University

Copyright statement

Unless otherwise stated, the material published within the Curtin website is Curtin copyright.

Information for students and staff about copyright can be found at Curtin University's copyright website.

No part of this site may be reproduced, in whole or in part, unless you obtain the written permission of Curtin or the use fits one of the special circumstances listed below. Persons wishing to obtain permission to use material from the site should address their request in the first instance to the Copyright Officer, Curtin University, GPO Box U1987, Perth, Western Australia 6845 (telephone 08-9266-7494 or email
Special circumstances:

All of these uses must acknowledge Curtin as the source of the material.

Copyright obligations

Curtin staff and students are subject to the provisions of the Copyright Act 1968 (Commonwealth), and must adhere to the University's procedures and requirements relating to copyright and moral rights. Staff and students who infringe these requirements will be liable to disciplinary action, and may leave themselves open to prosecution by individual copyright owners.

Specific information about the use of copyright material for teaching, study and research purposes can be found on the University's Copyright website and Curtin's Copyright Procedures. Curtin staff and students should also make themselves familiar with the University's Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Policy Manual)

Reporting copyright infringements

If you have reason to believe that a Curtin student or staff member has infringed copyright in the course of his/her activities at the University, you should report the matter to the Copyright Officer, Curtin University, GPO Box U1987, Perth, Western Australia 6845. (Telephone 08-9266-7494 or email
The Copyright Officer is the University's Designated Representative to receive notices or notifications from third parties in relation to content transmitted, cached, hosted or referred to on the University's ICT system.
External parties who believe that material available on the Curtin University network constitutes a breach of their copyright, or breaches an agreed licence or contract, should notify the Copyright Officer by using the Take Down Notice form.
Persons submitting a Take Down Notice should provide the following information:

An indication of whether you are the owner of the content, or if you are acting on their behalf. Details of all parties must be supplied, including the relationship between them.